Posy & Twine Florist is nestled on a friendly corner of Telopea, directly across the road from Telopea Train Station. Telopea is conveniently situated between Oatlands, Carlingford and Dundas, which allows us to deliver flowers to the broad areas of Parramatta, Ryde, Hills District, Northern Suburbs, Chatswood, Sydney CBD and beyond.
Our friendly flower shop is a little hidden from the street by some glorious jacaranda trees, but they are actually the reason we chose this location, so we don’t complain. There is a free carpark behind the shop (just off Robert Street), and a fabulous cafe next door, so we suggest you create a reason to pop in and say hello. We always have a fabulous array of fresh flowers, dried flowers, potted plants and giftware to tempt you.
Owners Penny Redmond and Katherine Owens have over 30 years of combined experience as florists and continue to have a genuine passion for floral design. They believe in providing exceptional customer service and are always on hand to create a custom arrangement just for you. We understand that different occasions call for different budgets, so can guide you on how to get the most impact for your preferred budget.
Our design style is all about creating unique fresh and dried flower arrangements with stunning earth friendly wrapping that you can feel genuinely good about. The style, products and techniques used in-store have an earth friendly focus, removing the unnecessary use of plastics that is prevalent elsewhere in the industry. Even our signature wrapping is recyclable or compostable, all the way down to the non-plastic compostable bags used to keep the flowers fresh. And of course, there’s the reusable twine we use to tie off our bouquets.
We love texture and abundance, so you can be assured that our arrangements will always be filled with lots of interesting elements. We are frequently delighted that customers comment on this point of difference. Get in touch any time you need some pretty in your life!
I am very inspired by colour and texture in the world around me. Given free reign, these are the elements of design that I am always drawn to first. This is probably due to spending over 12 years as a Wedding Florist, where whites and pastels dominated. Now having our own retail store, it’s a treat to be able to have free reign and choose materials that I love. In recent years, I have been greatly drawn to native and dried botanical ingredients due to the textural impact they add to any arrangement.
Ten things about me:
- Originally gained a degree to be a Visual Arts Teacher
- Bravest act was heading to the UK for a working holiday alone with no plan
- Studied Floristry in both London and Sydney
- Owned a home-based wedding flower business for eight years
- Taught recreation classes for a leading Sydney Floristry school
- Have two wonderful teenage children who challenge me daily
- Been vegetarian for almost thirty years
- Recently tried to learn ceramics and mastered the imperfect wabi sabi approach
- Massive fan of musical theatre
- Dreams of retiring to a cottage in the Blue Mountains
I am mostly drawn to big, bold, decadent and dramatic when it comes to floral design. My love for excessive texture probably stems from my other great passion of History. In particular, 16th century historical costume where contrasting fabrics, embroidery and opulent trimming were a must. Excess is always a good idea – I feel the same way about wine and chocolate too!
Ten things about me:
- Gained an Arts degree, majoring in Archaeology and Paleoanthropology
- Fell in love with period costume design and completed and Honours in Theatre
- Loves animals and once worked as a dog groomer
- Travelled to many amazing places including Egypt, Greece and Italy and Ireland
- My husband proposed to me whilst standing next to The Mona Lisa at The Lourve
- Have two beautiful boys who bring me so much happiness
- Owned a flower preservation business for four years
- Sold my business and bought a home in Dundas, just down the road from Telopea
- Started work in retail floristry and then moved in to wedding floristry and event set up
- Dreams of walking the coasts of England one day
We really enjoy creating things that make people happy. We’d love the opportunity to design something amazing for you.